I have a decorating style that is one part rustic and one part country farmhouse. As a result, I love finding ways to include mason jars in the decor around my house (in addition to using them to store food).
From kitchen uses to general decor to wedding favors, below you’ll find some of my favorite ideas of those I’ve come across.
True confession: I love #60 so much that I’m already planning its inclusion in my 14 year old daughter’s (far in the) future wedding. LOL!
With that said, let’s get to it!
I love these mason jar decor ideas for the kitchen. I thought the salt and pepper shakers (#1) were pretty unique. I haven’t tried #4 yet, but I’m dying to.
- Mason Jar Salt & Pepper Shakers
- Mason Jar Spice Shakers (using Parmesan cheese shaker lids)
- Painted Mason Jar Utensil Holders
- Using Magic Decal to Label Mason Jars
- DIY Mason Jar Soap Dispensers
- Vintage DIY Mason Jar Kitchen Caddy
- DIY Mason Jar Toothpick Dispenser
- DIY Mason Jar Tumbler Glass
Let’s be honest – we’ve all seen 1000 different versions of using mason jars to organize your bathroom supplies (though I included my personal fave of those below). But #9 is definitely something I’d never seen before when I came across it.
General home decor
I admit that #11 is my favorite in this section – mainly because it’s my tutorial that I shared with the readers over on my friend Rachel’s blog. I also thought the photo frames featured #18 were pretty cool & unique.
- Rustic DIY Mason Jar Wall Lanterns
- DIY Mason Jar Candles
- DIY Mason Jar Pendant Light
- Using Pallets (or Barn Wood) to Create a Mason Jar Centerpiece
- Mason Jar Lamp with Faux Zinc Shade
- Ombre Distressed Mason Jars
- Mason Jar Floating Candle Centerpiece
- Mason Jar Photo Frames
- DIY Mason Jar Chandelier
- Tutorial: How to Tint Mason Jars
Once again, I have to admit to a little self favoring. #21 is a tutorial here on Hick Country showcasing how I made hot cocoa jars as teacher’s gifts for Christmas. I also think #28 is gorgeous! I’ll definitely be trying my hand at that one this fall.
- DIY Hot Cocoa in a Mason Jar
- Mini Mason Jar Snow Globe Ornament
- Mason Jar Ornament Craft
- Candy Corn Themed Votive Candle in a Mason Jar
- Hot Cocoa Snowman in a Mason Jar
- Christmas Ornament from a Mason Jar Lid
- Santa & Elf Mason Jars
- Fall Mason Jar Vases
I am constantly having to find new ideas for teacher gifts and neighbor gifts each year. I love mason jar gifts for that purpose. #32 is definitely something I plan to do this year, but with my own recipe from the peppers from my garden. Stay tuned for a future post on that!
- Salted Caramel Sauce in a Mason Jar (and free printables)
- DIY Mason Jar Cocktail Gifts
- Lemon Bath Salts in a Mason Jar
- DIY Hot Sauce in a Mason Jar
- DIY Homade Vanilla Sugar Scrub in a Mason Jar
- Mani/Pedi in a Jar Mason Jars
- Cowgirl Cookie Mix in a Mason Jar
Welcome to the random category. These were mason jar ideas I couldn’t quite group anywhere else. I love #36, especially the idea of using sand paper for a striker on the lid. And #50 will definitely end up on the wall of my laundry room at some point. And #52 was a head smacking moment. I can’t wait to try those out at my next summer BBQ.
- DIY Mason Jar Match Holder (with striker)
- Easy DIY Mason Jar Table Lanterns
- DIY Mason Jar Superhero Banks
- DIY Fall Themed Mason Jar Candelabra
- American Flag Mason Jar Centerpiece
- DIY Chalkboard Tags from Mason Jar Lids
- Corn Husk Wrapped Mason Jar Vase
- Summer Themed Mason Jar Lemon & Watermelon Vases
- DIY Mason Jar Lid Coasters
- DIY Mason Jar Gel Air Fresheners
- Mason Jar Yarn Holders
- DIY Glow Stick Mason Jar Table Lanterns
- DIY Mason Jar Food Bucket List Craft
- Blue Mason Jar Luminary
- DIY “Keep the Change” Mason Jar Craft
- DIY Mason Jar Candy Dispenser
- Make Ahead Mason Jar Frozen Daiquiris
I am completely in love with #59. I’ve made them and they’re awesome. I’m too much of a wuss when it comes to insects to try #57, but if you’re not, it’s a pretty cool idea!
- DIY Mason Jar Hanging Herb Planter
- Mson Jar & Chair Planter
- DIY Outdoor Mason Jar Lanterns
- DIY Mason Jar Tiki Torches
- DIY Bee Keeping in Mason Jars
- DIY Mason Jar Bird Feeders
- Mason Jar Citronella Torches
Despite the fact that I’m happily married, I still love looking at rustic wedding ideas (I have three kids left to marry off, and I’m hoping one of them wants a rustic wedding). #60 is my favorite item on this entire list. Super original and extremely easy to pull off!
- DIY Pickle Jar Favors (you can find a great pickle recipe here!)
- Mason Jar Jams
- “Thanks for Coming, Honey” Mason Jars
- “Cupcakes and Kisses from the Mr. And Mrs.” Mason Jar Favors
- “Your Glass for the Night” (classy and budget friendly!)
Have a favorite mason jar project idea that I missed? Feel free to drop it in the comments below. The same goes if you’ve tried anything on this list. I always love hearing how they turn out!